Sunday, January 6, 2008

Well I'm Getting a Son in Law

Well my oldest daughter Alli who is 17, got engaged over Christmas and the wedding will be in June although the actual date has not been determined yet. We are all really excited and now our time is spent on looking at bridal magazines, deciding the guest list and all the fun little details that go along with getting married. I'm excited for her and Matt, although they are still young they have been together forever or at least it seems that way lol. Married life won't be easy for them since he'll still be in college and she'll be a senior in high school next year but if any young couple can make it, I think they can. And no she isn't pregnant thank god. She has officially moved into Matt's house now but he's only 10 minutes away so I still see her almost every day. And I'm not an empty nester, having Jenny still here with me helps alot. So alot of exciting times going on here and lots of planning that needs to be done. We are all going to a bridal show next weekend which I think will give us all alot of ideas, and hopefully that will give her a better idea of what type of dress she wants. It's been funny the comments we have gotten from friends and relatives about the engagement. Some are so shocked that they are getting married so young, and others are absolutely thrilled for them. As for me I'm excited and there are no guarantees that any marriage will last regardless of the couples ages, but they are happy and that's all that matters. I'm not sure anybody ever reads my blogs but for me it seems to be theraputic lol. Happy new year everyone, Hugs, Barb

No comments: