Friday, March 7, 2008

Ughhh I'm Still a Smoker

One of my previous blogs was about my attempt to quit cigarettes....well so much for that idea. The quit didn't work although I did quit longer than I'd ever quit before so that is a good sign. Why do cigarettes have such a hold on me? I'm probably no different than most smokers...I need my nicotine and I'm sure my smoking is due to both the physical and emotional addiciton that I have. During my quit I think the thing that made it the most difficult was being around others who smoked. Maybe if I could've just locked myself in my room for three months and didn't have to see my mom, my friends or my daughter with a cigarette, I just might have been able to do it. But oh well, I'm back to living life as an "outcast" smoker, and sure I know it's bad for me but I sadly admit I enjoy it. One of these days I might give quitting another try, but for now, I'm back to being a smoker.

2 comments:

Ruth Rinehart said...

Oh, if only we could get all our ducks lined up in a row at the same time! How in the world I never got addicted to cigarettes, I'll never know, but food is the bugaboo for me. And, yes, if I could just be around only the healthiest eaters, if only I didn't have to be around the myriad of addictive eaters, perhaps, oh, just perhaps I could stay on the wagon. But then, I just might end up being the only one eating non-stop if that were the case. Don't know; won't ever know. But life is good, and my nutritional intake isn't the defining factor in my life. Live today to the fullest; it truly might be your last. Don't spend it berating yourself because you aren't perfect; you'll never be perfect, but today is a fine day, filled with joy and love and ecstasy. :)

Unknown said...

I have only been quit for a year and it took ten years of trying before I made it this long. I had to break contact with every smoker I knew before I finally became successful. Quitting smoking is the most difficult thing I have ever done.

Good luck next time. Have a great day.